Homeowners would always want their houses to look fresh and new. It is the very reason why we always do regular maintenance on our floors, walls, and our ceilings. However, we also understand that no matter how we maintain our house on a regular basis, there would be times that we would notice some issues and damages that need to be repaired.
One of the most common problems that homeowners face is drywall damage. Fixing or replacing drywall can be a strenuous task. However, it will lead to bigger problems when not attended to immediately. How would you know if you have a drywall that needs repair or replacement? If you have been searching drywall repair near me, then read through to find out.
- Cracks – Cracks can be caused by several things. It can be caused by improper installation, fluctuations in temperature, and even the natural settling of the house. They also tend to occur closer to ceilings, windows, corners, and doors. Although cracks are prominent to happen on drywalls, not fixing them immediately would lead to bigger cracks and can even weaken the home structure, making it a more expensive repair.
- Water damage – when you have leaking pipes, drywall also gets affected by the water. It will eventually weaken the drywall structure, causing it to crumble. Water damage can also be caused by a lot of things. Besides damaged pipes, it can also be caused by flood which imposes bigger damages to your drywall. It is recommended that you immediately seek repair when this happens. You also need to take note that smaller water damage to your drywall will also cause molds growth which still can lead to significant damage in the future.
- Popping nails – If you notice some nails popping out from your drywall, that is a potential sign that your drywall is damaged. This could mean that the house is settling and this causes the nails to shift. It also is caused by wood that has been moistened by water. So, when it dries, the stud may twist or shift.
- Holes – holes on drywall can be quite common. However, similar to cracks and water damage, this can lead to significant problems in the future if you do not repair them immediately. There are a lot of reasons for holes in your dryer wall. It can be that a part of furniture accidentally went through it or some sharp objects have pressed into it. Whatever the cause is, you need to attend to it as quickly as you can. Besides the damage, pests and rodents can also inhibit the holes, leading to more damage and even pest infestation.
- Tears – when you remove something from your drywall such as tiles, wallpaper, or mirrors, the pieces that are attached to the drywall may cause the drywall to come off or tear. Although this is not a significant structural issue, it can be unappealing to look at. If you do not like to look at tearing drywall, then fix it as soon as you can.